Teeth Whitening Near You
If your teeth are tainted by tooth stains and discoloration, you may want to consider teeth whitening to reinvigorate your smile. Teeth whitening performed by a professional is the most common cosmetic dental procedure worldwide. Unlike at-home teeth whitening treatments that consist of low-dose bleaching agents, in-office teeth whitening in South Miami uses a high concentration of bleaching agents for dramatic and immediate results. Additionally, professional teeth whitening takes place under carefully monitored conditions for a safe and painless process. We are happy to offer our wonderful teeth whitening in South Miami, FL, 33143!
What are The Top Advantages of Professional Teeth Whitening Near You?
- Professional teeth whitening delivers fast and drastic results.
- Professional teeth whitening is the safest form of bleaching.
- Professional teeth whitening offers long-lasting results.
What Causes Tooth Stains and Discoloration?
Receiving professional teeth whitening in South Miami, FL removes organic stains as a result of:
- Aging: Throughout time, your teeth naturally darken and begin to yellow. Yellowed teeth are the easiest to whiten.
- Consumption of foods and beverages: Certain things we consume such as coffee, red wine, soda, and particular vegetables and fruit can cause tooth stains.
- Tobacco use: Your teeth have pores and when nicotine and tar are absorbed by your teeth it can discolor them.
If the above applies to you, you may want to consider teeth whitening in South Miami, FL, 33143.
Who is a Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
If you are interested in teeth whitening in South Miami, schedule a consultation with your dentist. During a consultation with your dentist, they will examine your teeth to determine if teeth whitening near you is the best option for your situation. Patients interested in teeth whitening should not present:
- Tooth and gum sensitivity: Your dentist may suggest take-home bleaching trays that contain a low concentration of carbamide peroxide alternatively, to avoid a hypersensitive reaction.
- Deep and intractable staining: In some cases, stains can be resistant to high-concentration in-office bleaches. Your dentist may suggest other alternatives to teeth whitening such as dental bonding, crowns, or veneers.
- Transparent teeth: Teeth that have become transparent with age (especially front teeth), may not benefit from teeth whitening.
Preparing Your Teeth for Teeth Whitening
If you are receiving teeth whitening in South Miami, FL your teeth will be cleaned to remove plaque and debris that has built up on the surface and between your teeth. Next, your teeth will be evaluated for any dental issues including tooth decay, cracks, and gum disease. If there are any dental concerns, they will need to be treated before teeth whitening as bleaching can irritate your mouth when such conditions are present.
What is the Procedure for In-Office Teeth Whitening?
Details may vary, however, standard teeth whitening performed will entail:
- Your dentist inserting a cheek retractor in your mouth to expose your teeth.
- A liquid or rubber dam is painted onto your gum tissue to prevent irritation during the procedure.
- A bleaching gel that is applied to your teeth for 15 to 30 minutes, removed, and reapplied for one or more additional periods of 15 to 30 minutes.
- Once the final gel application is complete, your dentist will remove the cheek retractor and rinse your mouth.
Schedule Your Consultation!
To learn if teeth whitening in South Miami, FL is the most suited procedure for you, schedule a consultation.