Dental crowns are an essential component in the field of restoring and improving your smile. This adaptable dental prosthesis can significantly enhance your smile and appearance. It’s good to explore this treatment so you can understand what they are, how they function, and how they can boost your confidence.
Dentists in South Miami advise using crowns to cover and safeguard a broken or weakened tooth. The tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance are all restored by these customized caps that fit over the existing tooth structure.
You may be advised to acquire a crown for a variety of reasons, including:
- To protect a tooth that has significant cracks, fractures, or decay.
- In order to save a tooth that has undergone a root canal.
- To improve the appearance of teeth that are misaligned, discoloured, or misshapen.
- To give a dental bridge stability and support.
- Dental implants can be covered in order to replace missing teeth when they are affixed to dental implants.
Types of Dental Crowns
Due to their ability to resemble the color and translucency of natural teeth, these crowns are well-known for their natural appearance and are frequently utilized for front teeth.
Due to their extreme durability, metal crowns, which are commonly made of metals like gold or silver, are frequently suggested for rear teeth.
These crowns blend metal’s strength with porcelain’s visual appeal. They are often used on both the front and back teeth.
Ceramic crowns appear and function similarly to porcelain crowns. Their use is beneficial for both the front and rear teeth.
Zirconia crowns are well-known for their long-term durability and are a popular choice for rear teeth that require a lot of strength.
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
Dental crowns protect the visible part of a tooth above the gum line. The process entails the following steps:
1. Diagnosis and Preparation
First, the dentist near you examines the damaged tooth to determine whether a crown is the most effective solution. The tooth is subsequently prepared for the crown by removing the outer covering.
An impression is made of the prepared tooth to serve as a model for the custom crown.
3. Temporary Crown
A temporary crown is applied to safeguard the tooth while the permanent crown is being made.
4. Fitting and Bonding
When the permanent crown is ready, it is tested for fit, color, and bite alignment. The crown is subsequently attached to the tooth using dental cement, effectively covering and protecting the damaged tooth.
Effectiveness of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns in Kendall have a long history of success in dentistry and are regarded as a highly effective solution for a variety of dental conditions. Here are some of the significant benefits and considerations:
- Restored Functionality: Dental crowns can restore a broken tooth’s complete function, allowing you to chew and speak easily.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Crowns can make discoloured, deformed, or damaged teeth appear better, contributing to a more confident smile.
- Durability: Dental crowns can endure anywhere from 5 to 15 years or more with adequate care and maintenance, depending on the material used.
- Protection: Crowns give an extra layer of defense to weak teeth, preventing additional damage.
- Biocompatibility: Since many crown materials are biocompatible, the possibility of allergic reactions or other negative effects is minimized.
Visit Mirage Dental Arts to Restore your Smile
Come into our nearby dental office today and allow us to help you improve your smile and restore your oral health! Our experienced team specializes in creating personalized dental crowns near you that not only offer great strength and protection but also enhance the natural beauty of your teeth. You can rely on us to provide exceptional dental services suited to your specific needs, due to our advanced facilities and qualified staff. We provide individualized treatments for every smile, whether you need crowns for broken teeth, root canals, or aesthetic enhancements.
Visit us today and experience the confidence of a beautifully restored smile.